Latest Post

How many kinds of content writing are provided in digital marketing? How Can We Have Latest Trendy Hoodie


Jose Alba, a 61-year-old Bodega worker who fatally stabbed an ex-convict in self-defense while at work, may be out of New York City for good after his murder charges were dropped, according to reports.

The manager of the Manhattan Blue Moon convenience store in the dispute, Tell This New York Post Alba plans to move back to Santiago, where he is originally from the Dominican Republic.

On July 1, while Alba was at work, ex-convict Austin Simon, 35, came behind the counter and attacked the cellar worker, knocking him against the wall and knocking him to the ground. Simon’s girlfriend previously got into an argument with Alba because she couldn’t afford a bag of chips.

When Alba was attacked, he grabbed a knife and stabbed Simon to death in self-defense.

After the altercation, Alba was charged with second-degree murder and was sent to the Rikers Island jail on $250,000 bail.

Soros-backed Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg initially refused to drop the murder charge, even in the face of public criticism, including from Mayor Eric Adams (D), who said Alba acted in self-defense.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, Tuesday, November 2, 2021. (AP Photo/Craig Ruttle)

Alba was released from Rikers after Alba’s lawyers and prosecutors negotiated and asked a judge to lower the bond to $50,000.

Associated Press

New York City Mayor Eric Adams speaks at the New York State Democratic Convention on February 17, 2022 in New York. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

Then on July 19, Bragg finally dropped the charges against Alba after his office could not prove that the cellar workers had not acted in self-defense.

Alba has since left the Big Apple for upstate New York, still dealing with the ordeal of the whole affair, while also worrying about his safety in Manhattan.

“He’s not going back to work in the cellar,” Francisco Marte, head of the cellar association, told the outlet. postal. “He was battling trauma and he said he feared for his life. “

“We are seeking professional help for him and then [Alba will] decide whether he returns [Dominican Republic] Forever or just being there for a while,” added Malte.

Malte noted that Alba is still recovering from his injuries in the brawl.

You can follow Ethan Letkeman on Twitter at @EthanLetkeman.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.