Chinese companies are increasingly focusing on developing virtual worlds. Despite top-down state control, companies have invested heavily in both hardware and software.
Taiyi Group is one of them, and has announced the acquisition of Huobi’s communication tool, called Huoxun.
- According to the most recent Reportthe goal is to make Huoxin the world’s first social platform focusing on data storage and Metaverse development.
- Huoxin will be responsible for completing the optimization and upgrading of product functions.
- Its responsibilities also include building digital collections and the Metaverse community
- The instant messaging social platform was first launched in 2018 by Huobi.
- It reportedly spends more than 100 million yuan annually on R&D and operations.
- Since its launch, Huoxun has managed to attract more than 7 million registered users.
- On the other hand, Taiyi Lingjing, a platform of Metaverse under Taiyi Group, has created a series of cultural and tourism-related metaspace IPs, such as the Temple of Heaven, Lingjing Forbidden City, Datang Lingjing, and Lingjing Chongqing.
- The development comes a month after Huobi founder Li Lin was reported to be considering exiting the company.
- According to reports encrypted potato Earlier, Lim was looking to sell his stake in the popular cryptocurrency exchange.
- Huobi was forced to close stores in the country due to a broad crackdown on crypto businesses by Chinese lawmakers last year.
- However, Metaverse has become a new buzzword in China.
- Tech giants such as Baidu, Tencent and ByteDance have already started investing in the space.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and get $100 for free and a 10% fee discount for your first month on Binance Futures (Terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to sign up and enter code POTATO50 to get a deposit of up to $7,000.