Latest Post

RSS feed generator to create RSS feeds from URLs Tekken 8 or Tekken Remake teased at EVO 2022


  • Jennette McCurdy said in her new memoir that Nickelodeon offered her a “hush money” of $300,000.
  • In exchange, McCurdy said, she was asked to never talk about her experiences online.
  • The star said she rejected the offer “immediately and instinctively”.

Jennette McCurdy says Nickelodeon will offer her $300,000 in “hush money” if she agrees not to speak publicly about her online experience.

McCurdy details her time as Sam Parker on ‘Icarly’ and spin-off series ‘Sam and the Cat’ in her new memoir,”I’m glad my mom died.“It’s scheduled to be released on Tuesday.

in by Vanity Fair On Friday, the actress recalled a conference call with her manager, agent and attorney about the cancellation of “Sam & the Cat,” co-starring cat lover with Ariana Grande. Cat).

The star, who said she had negative experiences on set, recalled being glad the show was coming to an end.

Ariana Grande and Janet McCurdy in "Sam and the cat."

Ariana Grande and Janet McCurdy in “Sam and the Cat.”

Nickelodeon International Children’s Channel


McCurdy said in her memoir that Nickelodeon gave her a “gift of gratitude.”

“They’re giving you $300,000, and the only thing they want you to do is never talk publicly about your experience with Nickelodeon,” a manager told McCurdy, according to the actress.

McCurdy said they asked her not to talk about her experiences “especially related to the Creator,” which she “immediately and instinctively” refused.

“It’s not free money. It’s like hush money to me,” McCurdy said at the time.

“What the hell? Nickelodeon paying me $300,000 to keep me from talking openly about my experience on the show?” McCurdy wrote in her book. “My personal experience with creator abuse? It’s a network that makes shows for children. Shouldn’t they have some kind of moral compass? Shouldn’t they at least try to report with some kind of moral standard?”

Although McCurdy doesn’t name the Creator in her book, she may be referring to Dan Schneider, who is credited with “iCarly,” “Sam & Cat,” and various other Nickelodeon hits, including “All That.” The creator of the show, “The Amanda Show,” “Drake and Josh” and “Victory.”

Nathan Kress, Miranda Cosgrove and Jennette McCurdy in season one "Love Carrie."

Nathan Kress, Miranda Cosgrove and Jennette McCurdy in the first season of “Icarly”.

Nickelodeon International Children’s Channel


in a new interview According to the Washington Post, McCurdy said she thought the ambiguous name was “fun.”

“I wanted some laughs, especially because I knew there was a lot of tension there,” she said.

Earlier in the excerpt, McCurdy said that the Creator encouraged her to drink, then underage, to give her an “advantage.”

Additionally, the actor said he unsolicited her back massage, which made her feel uncomfortable. McCurdy wrote that she wanted to tell him to stop, but she was “very afraid of offending him.”

McCurdy also recalled the Creator “getting into trouble online with allegations of emotional abuse.”

“I feel like this has been a long time coming and should have happened sooner,” she said.

The Creator was disciplined so much that he was “no longer allowed to be on set with any of the actors,” McCurdy said. She said he had to sit “in a small cave-like room near the side of the studio” and entrust his notes to the cast and crew through the assistant director.

Noah Munck, Nathan Kress, Miranda Cosgrove, Jennette McCurdy and Jerry Trainor on set with Dan Schneider "iCarly" May 2012.

Noah Munck, Nathan Kress, Miranda Cosgrove, Jennette McCurdy and Jerry Trainor with Dan Schneider on the set of “Icarly” in May 2012.

Charlie Calais/WireImage


McCurdy’s recollections in her book are similar to previous allegations against Schneider.

TV producer Leaving Nickelodeon in 2018 and deadline “Schneider’s employees have repeatedly complained about Schneider’s abusive behavior,” the report said.

Schneider defends his actions in 2021 interview New York Times.

The publication reported that Viacom CBS, the parent company of Nickelodeon, conducted an investigation before he pulled out. The investigation found no evidence of sexual misconduct, but people who worked with him believed he was abusing him, The New York Times reported.

Schneider defended his leadership style, saying he has “high standards” and is “very willing to defend what I believe in creative things.”

Regarding allegations of inappropriate interactions with the stars of his show, he told The New York Times: “I can’t, if I abuse my people, I won’t get the long-term friendships and continued loyalty of so many famous people. Any age actors, especially minors.”

Representatives for Nickelodeon and Schneider did not immediately respond to Insider’s requests for comment.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.