Nintendo just announced that the Switch Online game Tetris 99 will host the 30th Maximus Cup. It kicks off on Friday, August 5th and will give players a “second chance” to unlock themes they may have missed before.
Instead of earning 100 Event Points per theme this time around, you only need to earn 10 Event Points per round – meaning you can quickly snap up multiple themes one after the other. Here’s some PR about it:
“Did you miss the recent Maximus Cup? Now is your chance to add to your in-game themed collection! Take part in online battles in Tetris 99 mode and collect at least 10 event points for each in-game theme to unlock. Event point rewards are based on the rank earned in each battle you participate in during the event.”
As you can see, returning themes include Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Wrath, Miitopia, Mario Golf: Super Dash, Skyward Sword HD, WarioWare: Together! and Metroid Fear.
The tournament will be held from August 5th to August 10th in six “back-to-back” rounds. Here is the full schedule:
- Round 1 Reward with a Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury theme, running on August 5th from 12am to 11:59pm PT.
- second round have Mitopon The theme runs as a bonus on August 6th from 12am to 11:59pm PT.
- third round have Mario Golf: Super Sprint The theme runs as a bonus on August 7th from 12:00AM to 11:59PM PT.
- fourth round Reward with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD theme, running on August 8th from 12AM-11:59PM PT.
- Round 5 have WarioWare: Together! The theme runs as a bonus on August 9th from 12am to 11:59pm PT.
- sixth round With a Samus Edition theme as a bonus, it runs on August 10th from 12AM to 11:59PM PT.
Will you be attending this upcoming event? Leave a comment below.